What sorts of personal information do we collect?
6. We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to fulfil your request and provide to you the best possible customer experience.
7. Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you and the type of services you request from us, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
a) information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name;
b) information that we can use to contact you, including your email address, telephone number, mobile number, fax number and your address; and
c) information for processing payment, being your credit card details.
8. The information we require from you will depend on the specific services that we are providing to you. We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to satisfactorily perform the services that you require from us.
9. The Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your religion, political views, ethnicity, criminal records and sexual preferences). Generally we will not collect this type of information, however we may need to collect some sensitive information if you are applying for a job with us, and you have provided us with your consent to do so.
Why do we require your personal information?
10. There are various reasons why we might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and this will depend upon the specific services that we are providing to you but we will tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information at the time when we ask you to provide it.
11. Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services. Our main reason for collecting your personal information revolve around the processing of any orders you have placed with us for services.
12. We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
(a) to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or service that you might be interested in;
(b) preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
(c) to assist us to run our business and to improve our products, services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
(d) to comply with our legal obligations.
13. There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information or services that you require.
How do we collect your personal information?
14. The means by which we collect your personal information will depend on the nature of the services that we are providing to you.
15. We may collect your personal information:
(a) directly from you, either in person, via email or over the phone;
(b) when you complete a form on our website to receive newsletters from us; or
(c) from publicly available sources, for example, the electoral role, the telephone directory or from third party websites.
16. We will always collect your personal information directly from you unless it is impracticable to do so.
Collecting and disclosing personal information about others
17. Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates.
18. You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person:
(a) you are authorised to provide that information to us;
(b) you have obtained the express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for the use of that personal information by us, including for the purposes outlined in this policy;
(c) you have complied with the Privacy Act, including the APPs in collecting that personal information, including by making all relevant notifications required under APP 5 and specific to our use of the personal information; and
Unsolicited personal information